Saturday 26 November 2016

CFV - SGD/Blaster Nov16


Yep I know...you guys are probably annoyed with my Royal obsession by now but it is by far my favourite deck to play =P

Since my last update on the deck I've made some more tweaks, the deck still plays similarly but even heavier focus on the early game, here's my current list.


DECK LIST

GRADE 4: 16
3 Holy Dragon, Sanctuary Guard Regalie
4 Aerial Divine Knight, Altmile
2 Blazing Sword, Fides
2 Holy, Dragon Religious Soul Saver
2 Holy Dragon, Saint Blow Dragon
2 Holy Dragon, Laserguard Dragon
1 Vivid Sacred Staff, Andragius

GRADE 3: 5
4 Sanctuary Guard Dragon
1 Majesty Lord Blaster

GRADE 2: 15
4 Blaster Blade
1 Blaster Blade Spirit
3 Favoured Disciple of Light and Dark, Llew
4 Sage of Salvation, Benon
1 Starlight Violinist
2 Knight of Twin Sword

GRADE 1: 13
4 Laurel Knight, Sicilus
2 Holy Knight Guardian
1 Hope Keeper
3 Blaster-Friend, Barcgal
3 Hidden Sage, Miron

GRADE 0: 17
4 Floral Paladin, Flogal 
4 Bringer of Dreams, Belenus 
4 Bringer of Good Luck, Epona 
2 Any other critical trigger 
2 Yggdrasil Maiden, Elaine 
1 Wingal Brave (starter)



*Notes*

If you're wondering if I've gone this far why not just play the 16 crit build, it's because my locals have adjusted to rush very well. Players play more non-gb cards and will avoid giving me counter-blasts even if it means not dealing any damage at all. When playing SGD I'm very lucky to get more than 1 counter-blast by the time I ride G3/stride.
  • I really liked the stronger earlier power with Llew so I threw Blaster Dark out; it could have been Spirit, Violinist or even Twin Sword but those cards are far more valuable than the 12k base it can potentially give.
  • Blaster Blade Spirit is an important unit for 3 reasons; 
    • Early game when called through Llew's skill he can hit 19k boosted by any G1 (usually a Miron that's been called by Benon).
    • He easily hits the 16k /21k magic numbers when called through Llew's skill during Regalie and Altmile turns.
    • He can be used as a cheap form of retire when superior called; very useful on things like Nurse of Broken Heart.
  • Twin Sword is very valuable if you want a mid-game and plan to play against any deck that has board wipe. He can be used to play around things like Denial Griffin and Heteroround Dragon. 
  • I upped the Barcgals; 
    • One - For more opportunities to counter charge when I'm on G2. 
    • Two - Increase the Llew combo early game (not necessarily for the multi-attack but to hit 19k). 

I'm very happy with the current list though I would think about dropping 1 more heal, a Miron or PG and possibly MLB if my meta does get faster. The deck is super consistent and even if I g-assist I'm generally able to recover pretty easily with Twin Sword/Violinist+Benon combo. Witch Sanctuary Guard Arc coming soon expect more english players to pick up this deck; I'm actually a little bit scared now that Bushiroad might finally ban/limit Regalie (its been on the watch list forever). The deck is really that strong against anything with a weaker early game.

*images from cardfight.wikia*

No comments:

Post a Comment